This morning I caught up on some (much needed) sleep and managed to whip up a mint-chocolate chip smoothie. I used some vanilla pea protein from Trader Joe’s for this recipe that was VERY affordable (but not my very favorite taste). Honestly, you’ll appreciate this recipe much more if you use some sort of chocolate-flavored protein, or sub protein for Greek yogurt. Because of all the nutritious ingredients like frozen cauliflower and frozen avocado (fear not- these are tasteless additions if frozen, I promise!), I was quite full after this smoothie.
Mint Chocolate-Chip Smoothie
A creamy, nutritious chocolate chip smoothie full of healthy fats, veggies, and tasty goodness.
- high speed blender
- 1 C almond milk
- 1 C frozen cauliflower
- 1 small handful of fresh mint leaves, trust me…
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ C frozen avocado (you won’t taste this ingredient, and it adds rich, creamy texture with healthy fats, keeping you fuller longer!)
- ½ C ice cubes
- ¼ C deep dark chocolate chips OR raw cacao nibs
- one-two hefty, violent shakes of the ground cinnamon bottle
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein. (!!!This would taste better with chocolate protein though!!!)
- Pour milk, protein and remaining ingredients into blender
- Blend on “high” until thick and rich texture is visible
- Pour and serve. I like to top with melted deep dark chocolate or cacao nibs. Enjoy!
Let me know what you think if you give this smoothie a shot!